My highlights and comments
"Set measurable goals. When you establish a measurable, quantifiable goal, you know you can’t fudge on whether you achieved it or not. You either hit the target or you don’t. You also know where you stand at any given time. Goal measurement naturally falls into two categories:
- Number-based goals: Measuring your progress toward a goal is pretty easy when the goal is number based. You know when you’ve acquired a million dollars or lost 30 pounds, for example. The bank statement or scale are pretty simple to read. As you craft financial and other goals that are associated with numbers, be specific. Do you want to earn a certain annual salary? To put away a certain amount of money each year? To run a certain number of miles by September?
- Non-number-based goals: To measure a non-number-based goal, focus on how you’ll know when you’ve accomplished it. For example, will some organization’s seal of approval establish you as a world-renowned archeologist? Will being elected president of the chamber of commerce constitute being a business leader in the community? Will having your children expressing greater thanks for your efforts as a parent equate to being a better dad or mom?" (Chapter 5)
I have established my measurable goals (time in GMT-6):
- I will weigh 119 pounds before Jan. 1, 2023. Created: 2021-07-27 7:03. Achieved: [In progress...]
- I will reach the Volt Run Level (15,000 kilometers) in the Nike Run Club app before I turn 40 years old. Created: 2021-07-27 7:26. Achieved: [In progress...]
- I will have read the New International Version Bible from cover to cover before Jan. 1, 2022. Created: 2021-07-29 8:15. Achieved: [In progress...]
- I will earn the Lightbend Scala Language Professional badge before Jan. 1, 2023. Created: 2021-07-29 10:12. Achieved: [In progress...]
- I will have finished reading 9 books in 2021. Created: 2021-08-07 10:48. Achieved: [In progress...]
- I will have paid tithing on all the money I have received since starting to work for Applaudo Studios on September 21, 2020. The debt will have been paid by December 31, 2022. Created: 2021-09-01 16:56. Achieved: 2021-09-03 8:20.
Created: 2021-08-07 23:27:40 Last updated: 2021-08-07 23:27:40